Assistant to the Director of Public Works
The City of Manawa is seeking a person with the following qualifications: Experience in operating heavy equipment such as back hoe, dump truck, etc. CDL required or must be able to obtain. Wastewater certification and water certification required or ability to obtain. Candidate must be at least 18 years of age, possess high school diploma or equivalent, and have valid driver’s license. Candidate shall possess good public relations and problem solving skills and be able to work with or without supervision. Weekend and holiday work required. Benefits include: health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement, paid vacation, holidays; Send application/cover letter/resume to City of Manawa, City Clerk office, email email@example.com, or mail to: PO Box 248, Manawa, WI 54949. Call the City Clerk office at 920-596-2577 for more information. Deadline for application is 4:30 pm February 8, 2019. The City of Manawa is an equal opportunity employer.
ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS
At the direction of the Director of Public Works duties will include but not be limited to:
- Lab work and maintenance at the Wastewater Treatment Plant and Water Dept.
- Maintenance of streets, curb and gutter, and sidewalks.
- Plowing snow and all phases of snow and ice control on city streets, alleys, sidewalks and public parking lots.
- Maintenance of City parks including grass cutting, playground equipment installation and repair, and building maintenance.
- Repair and maintenance of City owned vehicles and equipment.
- Any other job functions as required by the Director of Public Works.
May be required to work weekends and scheduled holidays and be available for emergency situations such as snow plowing, water breaks, sewer back up, etc