Manawa Police Dept
The City of Manawa has an opening for a full-time police officer. Starting wage is $20.00 – $22.00 an hour with an 18 months probationary period. The police department is a 3-officer department supplemented with part-time officers. Questions can be answered by contacting Logan Hass, Manawa City Clerk. Submit the DJ-LE-330 to include answering the questions in section 6.
Full Time patrol officer providing law enforcement services to the residents and visitors to the City of Manawa. Duties include patrol, responding to incidents, traffic law enforcement, accident investigation, completing all reports, community policing and all other duties assigned by the chief of police.
- Health Insurance – 12% Employee Contribution
- Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Wisconsin Retirement Fund
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Clear and concise speech
- Driver’s license
- Eligibility for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification
- Good driving record
- Good physical condition
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- React quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- U.S. citizen
- Vision correctable to 20/20
- Minimum Age: 18
High school diploma
60 college credits / Associate’s degree
Additional Education Information
Must be certified or certifiable with the Wisconsin Department of Justice Training & Standards.
Initial application materials should be sent to Logan Hass, Manawa City Clerk. Process: oral interview(s), extensive background check, medical examination, psychological examination, and drug screening.
Interested professionals may submit a confidential cover letter, resume and WI DJ-LE-330 application. Complete Section #6, General question “A”, HAND WRITTEN with your application materials.
Application form can be found at: DJ-LE-330 Ctrl + Click to follow link
Send all completed material electronically to Logan Hass, City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Electronic submissions are required.
All questions should be directed to: email@example.com
THE CITY OF MANAWA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER