September 23 (2:00pm – 4:30pm) and September 24 (8:00am – 2:00pm)…..500 South Bridge Street, Manawa Municipal Building. FREE, FREE, FREE! The City of Manawa has quite a bit of leftover summer rec equipment to giveaway such as: helmets, bats, balls, bat bags, catcher’s equipment, uniform pants, and manual pitching machines. Lots and lots of equipment!! First come…first serve. Equipment will be located inside city hall in the meeting room.
Trick or Treat – The City of Manawa has set Trick or Treat hours for October 29, 2022 from 2pm – 4pm. Be safe!
9/6/2022 — The Splashpad at the Manawa Area Veterans Freedom Park is now CLOSED for the season. It will reopen the Friday before Memorial Day.
September 2022….Quarterly Newsletter
- Trick or Treat Hours will be Saturday, October 29th. 2pm – 4pm.
- Flushing of hydrants will take place during the middle of October. If your water becomes cloudy just take some time to run cold water through your faucet.
- The last brush pickup for the year will be October 3rd. Please have your brush out parallel with the curb before the morning of pickup day. No pieces or piles longer than 6 feet. Pieces longer than 6 feet will not be picked up. No leaves will be picked up.
- Burning of your dry yard waste is allowed October and November between the hours of 6pm – 10pm. The fire needs to be attended at all times. Please be considerate of your neighbors when burning.
- Drug Take Back Day will be October 29, 2022. 10am – 2pm. You can bring your old prescriptions to be disposed of to the Manawa Police Department, 500 S. Bridge Street.
- Winter Parking Hours begin November 1, 2022. No parking on city streets from 2:00am – 6:00am.
- Next Bloodmobile will be November 21, 2022 at the City Hall. Call 800-280-4102 to schedule your appointment to give blood. You can also setup your appointment at communityblood.org/donor
- Manawa Chamber’s Fall Fest will be Saturday October 1, 2022 on 2nd Street starting at 9am. Come check out the 50+ vendors.
- STEP VOLUNTEERS: Senior citizens can save on their property taxes by volunteering in the schools through the Senior Tax Exchange Program. Contact Manawa School District at 920-596-2525 for more information.
- Election News
- The next election will be Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
- If you would like an absentee ballot mailed to you please contact the city clerk at 920-596-2577 or go online to https://myvote.wi.gov to apply for an absentee ballot. You can vote absentee in the city clerk’s office starting October 25, 2022.
- Voting for the City of Manawa residents will be at the City Hall, 500 S. Bridge Street. Polls will be open 7am – 8pm.
- Remember to bring your photo ID along with you when you come to vote.
The Manawa Veterans Freedom Park SPLASH PAD is now CLOSED until the Friday before Memorial Day. When open it will run everyday from 10am – 8pm.
We now accept credit and debit cards at the City of Manawa for: (for more info click here)
- Water and Sewer payments
- Taxes (paid between December 1st and January 31st)
- Dog licenses
- Building permits
- Police fees: parking tickets, vehicle lockout fees, police service fees and misc. fees
Go to the website:
In the PAY LOCATION CODE (PLC) box type City of Manawa
Select type of payment and hit Continue
To see the UTV and ATV rules and regulations for the City of Manawa click here.
If you are interested in hosting an event on city property or closing a street please contact City Hall at 920-596-2577 or click here to see the City of Manawa Special Events Packet.
Brush Pickup – The City of Manawa picks up brush the 1st Monday of every month starting in May – October. Please have your brush at the curb before that Monday morning . The brush must be no longer than 6 feet and placed in piles no bigger than 6′ long x 3′ wide. Please place brush horizontal with the curb.
Burning – Yard waste can be burned in the months of April-May and October-November. Burning hours are 6pm – 10pm. Piles can not be any larger than 3 feet wide x 3 feet high. Residents need to follow burning condition restrictions set by Wisconsin DNR. Follow this link for restrictions http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/ForestFire/restrictions.html
Winter Parking Hours begin November 1st through April 1st and are between the hours of 2:00am – 6:00am.
City Council meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of every month at 6:00pm at the Manawa Municipal Building. The meetings are open to the public.